Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Expressing Gratitude

Mel & Blue hanging out at MMVS!

Finishing up a long day of teaching today and getting ready for OPENING DAY of MMVS in Fairfield tomorrow!  I'm so excited.

Here's the deal: I spend all day with creative people.  They talk to me, they sing to me.   They write amazing things and think hilarious things and say the most random things I've ever heard.  I love every minute of it.

I have been blessed with work that I find to be meaningful, fulfilling and so fun it feels like play time.  It's the best life ever.  This feeling is exactly what I wish for you: gratitude.

I am grateful for my role in life as a vocal coach and mentor to talented and creative individuals.
I am grateful for my loving, loyal friends and family.
I am grateful for my strength and health.

In addition to whatever your thoughts and questions are regarding this week's lesson, post THREE THINGS for which you are grateful to comments.  If one of them turns into a song idea, that would be cool.

xoxoxo,
Mel


8 comments:

  1. I think im obsessed with the idea that i think im good at singing in my head voice but i guess im sadly mistaken. Anyway, that will get better after i while. The phantom of the opera song u sent me will be a challenge but ill fight thru till death. I guess. Mel ur new studio is flippin awesome, i love it. see u next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for my family and Friends.

    I'm grateful for having a supportive and
    understanding vocal coach.

    I'm grateful for music,laughter,and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful for Kicking Daisies, and the whole family. They are all I could have ever hoped for. I'm grateful to be part of the family too. I love all of them.

    Today I practiced "Goodnight Moon" using 'gahs' instead of the regular words. And I exhaled for 35 seconds on ssssss. haha :)
    thanks for a great lesson on Wednesday, Mel!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelby,

    That's great! Don't forget to keep working on "The Only Exception" if you want that to be one of your five song projects! Go through the whole song on "geeee" and then again on "gah."

    Great work this week!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would say i'm most grateful for just being alive. That might sound weird but i love the feeling of being able to do whatever i wanna do wether its sing which i love most to do, or hang out with friends and just act crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been practicing the National Anthem in alto and my way (if you can sya that). Im also trying to figure out a song i want to start working on but i cant seem to think of one. I would have to say im grateful for my family and friends. But also this amazing voice teacher i have. Her name is Melissa. You might know her. She is amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive been learning the major scale patters yoo. and i have been practicing "Jar of hearts" <33 lovelovelove.
    I am thankful for you melissa cuz i love you and my family oh and jordan..shes my favorite..

    ReplyDelete