Thursday, September 16, 2010

Best Friends Forever

My BFF is Mike Falzone!

This post is dedicated to my student and great friend (nicknamed "BFF"), Mike Falzone.  Mike has the most outstanding musical work ethic I have ever seen.  He works to better himself as a guitarist, writer, and singer every day.  He does all of his own marketing, is a professional videographer, and still has time to be known as one of the nicest people in the music business (or any business).

Recently Mike's efforts have been rewarded and he has earned some amazing opportunities!  Perhaps one of the most exciting of these is his newly released single "Famous," produced by Grammy winning producer Mike Mangini.  I worked with Mike & Mike during their recording sessions.  Even though I heard it coming together I am still blown away by how cool this tune came out!  Hurrah for BFFs kicking butt!

Check it out and tell him I sent you.    Mike Falzone Band Page on Facebook

HOW IS YOUR MUSICAL WORK GOING?  WHO IS YOUR BFF AND WHY?  POST PRACTICE COMMENTS HERE!

8 comments:

  1. very very cool, musical work is absolutly awesome, bff would prolly be the visek boys because they r fricken awesome! practice comments.... i worked out and sang this working it was fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, you've really stepped it up this season. Very proud of all of your hard work! And yes, the Visek boys are great BFFs to have. D is one of mine, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Breathing exercise, "Gee" exercise, and worked on interpol "slow hands" (three times,with audio) today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work @marg20! Proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love mike falzone.
    melllll i practiced the "gripping the low note" and i am learning jar of hearts on piano for piano lessons! requiring some skilled music reading that i haven't done in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Jordan I can't wait to hear you play Jar of Hearts on the piano. BTW I started righting my first piano song EVER the other day! Always learning...

    ReplyDelete
  7. MEL i have a question how do i know if i am singing with my resinance in my cheek bones I can never tell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cole,

    Good question and the answer is best explained in person, so I'm glad I'll be seeing you tomorrow. You will learn how to feel your voice resonate in your cheek bones. In the meantime, if you are making an obnoxiously nasal sound you are probably on the right track to getting it out of your throat and more toward the front of your face.

    Anyone else want to comment on how they learned to feel this when they were learning it? Remember all the "NYAH NYAH" exercises?

    ReplyDelete