Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Get Ricky to the Dude Awesome Showcase of Epicness

Hi everyone!

I had a great time on Sunday at our rehearsal.  If you haven't yet signed up for this Sunday, please post to comments so I know you're coming.  Final Rehearsal Workshop:  Sunday, 1/16/11, 1pm - 3pm $10 ~ @MMVS

Also, please note there are NO LESSONS on Saturday, January 22.   This is the day before our big event, so if you are a Saturday student, talk to me about making other arrangements for you that week.

Rumor has it that singer/songwriter Ricky Manning (my Skype student from Florida - I teach him to sing, not Skype) might just be able to make it to our showcase and sing with us!   So this is the kick-off to my public "Get Ricky to the Show" campaign.

Get Ricky to the Show!
Please post your predictions of what awesome things will occur at our dude awesome showcase of epicness so that Ricky is convinced he can't miss it!

****************************************************


MMVS Dude Awesome Showcase of Epicness:
Sunday, January 23, 2011, 3pm @ Chef's Table, Fairfield CT

SHOWCASE TICKETS: $5 Limited to 4 (or 5) per student.  Tickets must be purchased in advance (through me).  There will not be tickets available at the door. 
PERFORMERS DON'T NEED TICKETS BUT EVERYONE ELSE DOES, INCLUDING FAMILY OF BAND MATES WHO ARE PLAYING WITH YOU.

****************************************************

Some of my thoughts and gentle reminders as we get closer to the show:

*Remember to introduce the song you're about to sing.  And if you wrote it, say so - CLEARLY!
*Joke around with the audience, get them singing and clapping along.
*Loosen up.  Don't keep your hands in the same place the entire time (don't grip the mic like it's keeping you from falling out of an airplane).
*Be GREAT audience members for each other.  Please hang out close to the performance area during the show so you can sing along, interact with the singers and dance to my Slayer / Katy Perry medley.

Just one question for you: What are you telling yourself to keep in mind for your performance?  Are you flooded with a dozen singing technique tips or is your mind clear?

4 comments:

  1. I get my work schedule tomorrow and if I'm not scheduled I can come to the rehearsal!

    I'm just telling myself to remember the right way to breath and trying to hit "the blackest of roooooommmmsss" haha. Other than that I just hope I remember the words!

    :) marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisa, you're going to be great. I won't make you go first at the show, either. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpIDQorXKTk


    alright, im done.

    Ill be there 5 tixxx porfavor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO EXCITED....cant wait for this! I was sooo mad i couldnt make it to either of the practices, but I know that everyone is going to rock the stage! <3

    ReplyDelete