Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Holidays!


I wish you the warmest, kindest, most peaceful holiday season you've ever had.

And I also wish you the most ridiculous, random, hilarious, laugh until you fall off your chair holiday, too!

Many of you know that this was a difficult year for me, due to my father's illness and recent passing.  But I am still so filled with gratitude and wonderful memories from 2010.  And you've been a big part of that!  You have all been so uplifting, kind, generous, and FUNNY all year.  You are all bright beams of light in this world.  Don't ever forget that.

Some holiday themed questions for you:

1. Do you make New Year's Resolutions?  If so, do you have any regarding music / singing?
2. Best holiday songs ever, in your opinion:
3. Worst holiday songs - the ones that make you want to throw yourself down a flight of stairs:
4. What are you doing New Year's Eve?

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!  Here's to making 2011 a year to remember!

5 comments:

  1. 1. I do make New Year's Resolutions... but they are more like goals... and I haven't gotten my head around them yet.
    2. Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song," Ella Fitzgerald's "Jingle Bells," Dean Martins' "Marshmallow World" and "Baby It's Cold Outside," Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" and Run DMC's "Christmas in Harlem." I also really like "The 12 Pains of Christmas," "Away in a Manger" and "We Three Kings"... the list is longer, but I won't bore you. I love Christmas music.
    3. "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus," anything sung by Jessica Simpson, "We Wish you a Merry Christmas (Now Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding"), The one that goes "It's the holiday season, so whoop de dooop," I'm not fond of "Joy to the World" Oh, and "All I Want for Christmas Is My two Front Teeth"
    4. Well... I was thinking of going to Miami for the Kicking Daisies show but now that I'm recovering from pneumonia Blue and I decided to stay home and rest. We'll be with very good friends, celebrating the beginning of the best year ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) i do make new year's resolutions but they're more like goals as well. get high honors, don't skip crossfit, post on the blog more often! haha
    2) "baby its cold outside" = amazingness.
    3) i can't think of any i hate!
    4) going to miami with kicking daisies! i wish you were coming, mel!
    happy holidays everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I do make them but they are also goals for the year, but as far as music goes I plan to evolve as a singer/song writer.

    2. "I'll be home for christmas"-Josh Groban

    3. I LOATH! "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer"

    4. House party with friends and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I do make New Year's resolutions, but I never really seem to do them. They are usually things like study more often, practice singing, and read more often. But this year musically, I want to extend my range.
    2. DOMINICK THE DONKEY!!!! Just kidding!!!! I really like "Baby it's Cold Outside."
    3. Probably "Dominick the Donkey." It is the strangest Christmas song I have EVER heard!
    4. Nothing right now, but I'm probably just going to wind up staying home and watching the ball drop on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2) Definitely "I want a hippopotamus for christmas"

    ReplyDelete