Friday, August 27, 2010

Disney's Next Big Thing

I couldn't tell anyone exactly what we were doing in Hollywood when I went to LA with Kicking Daisies early this month.

But now I can!

The band was chosen to be one of five acts who participate in Disney's "Next Big Thing" in September and October.  You'll be seeing Kicking Daisies on the Disney Channel (and hearing them on Disney Radio) starting September 15, 2010.

It is a competition to name one of the acts "Disney's Next Big Thing," so I'll keep you posted on how/when to vote once the context begins.  Last year's winner was All Star Weekend.

When we were in Hollywood Kicking Daisies did all the filming and interviews for the Next Big Thing and I got spend some time with the other artists.  We had a fun jam session on the bus back to the hotel one day - some of which I captured on video.  I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post from that so as I find it out I'll be in touch.

This entire experience has made me a better teacher and taught me a lot more about what it takes to make it to the next level.  

Can't wait to see you at your next lesson.  Let's make this school year one to remember.

xoxo,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment